Friday, January 6, 2012

Top 25 Bridal Trend of 2012 pt. 4

19.  Food Trucks.  Yeah, I said it.  I know your thinking "What?! Thats ridiculous!"  Which is part of the reason why I save this trend towards the end of the list.  I really needed to figure out how to make this alluring to my reader in the best way possible.  It's not my job to question the trend...I'm just reporting it so that you can stay well informed.  Needless to say, food trucks are definitely buzzing around at weddings this year.  Now I'm not talking about a food truck that you see on your average neighborhood corner every day selling hot dogs and 3 hour old pretzels.  I'm talking about but gourmet ones.  A lot of couples will be using them for outdoor weddings simply because it's quite convenient for their guests.  How nice is it to just go up to a truck and order whatever you want whenever you want right?  I like this idea because it brings a more relaxed vibe to what can be an uptight event (think garden party).  And if you think I'm losing my marbles on this one, I just thought I'd let you know that Celebrity Chefs/Caterers Jose Garces, Stephen Starr, and David Chang are all getting into the food truck industry.
Check out this article I found: Emerging Philadelphia Restaurant Empires Large and Small


20.  Family Heirloom Furniture:  As I said earlier, I love vintage things but I think this takes it to a whole new level.  If your having a small family wedding indoors or outdoors, perhaps you grandmothers wooden chest freshly polished can hold the place cards and guestbook, or an old hutch can hold your specialty drinks.  Even if you don't have any heirlooms and this idea appeals to you, there is always thrift stores.  Take a look:




21.  Rustic-isms:  If your an outdoorsy person, this should appeal to you.  Think mason jars filled with floral arrangements,  wicker chairs, and wind chimes made of bottles hanging down from trees.


22. Old World Opulence:  This is another idea stolen from the Royal Wedding.  Colors like gold and ivory would be your theme, heavy card stock invitations with over the top hand written calligraphy and large hanging chandeliers.

23.  Custom Made Dance Floors:  This one is for the bride who wants it all, and can afford it all for that matter.  While the cheaper alternative suggests getting your monogram illuminated on your floor.  This idea can have your initials in your floor permanently.  If that's your style.

24.  A Different Type of Destination:  Again, this is for the bride who has a lot of money to play with.  Weddings are being taken to a new level and being held on top of Elephants in India, or at the Colosseum in Rome.  Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes did it!

25.  Last but not least....Making your wedding a personal brand.  It let's your guests know who you really are a couple.  Whether it's a royal theme, vintage-rustic, or full of vibrant colors.  Showing off what makes your event personal for you, and letting the charisma shine through is the best trend of all and one that I don't see going anywhere anytime soon.  Let everyone know what make you...YOU.

There it is; the Top 25 Bridal Trends....Happy Planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment