Monday, December 5, 2011

It's Been A While...

Hello Readers!

It's been a while since I last created a post for you to read, and for that I apologize.  However, I must say that I've truly missed writing to you.  Blogging (especially about an industry that I adore) gives me an outlet on even my most stressful days.  I had to take a hiatus because I was losing myself and I couldn't figure out how to manage my time.   I had to learn how to refocus my goals and not let certain life occurances get in the way.   Meaning, I had to decipher how to get up at 5:15am, get my "Happily Ever After" ready for school, put in a 9hr work day, attend classes (that my job made mandatory), come home and cook...and THEN blog.  Quite honestly, my 9hr work day had a lot to do with it.  I became resentful of my job and mad that I didn't have the ability to stay at home and focus on my company and blog about the empire that I am trying to establish. Thats a work day all of it's own and I found I didn't have it in me to do both.  It was a tug of war that I didn't want to fight because I knew that something was going to eventually come up short.  Either my productivity and ethic at work was going to suffer the time I spend with my family. I have no room to tarnish either one, and with that being said I took a break from blogging.  Even still after all of these months that have passed I thought about it every single day.

There are 4 reasons why I came back sooner rather than later:
1.  I had no business leaving to begin with! It's just not easy abandoning something that you love.
2.  I learned how to manage my time between family, work, and business.  Now I need my business license to come through so that I can have my 9hrs!
3.  There is a beautiful destination wedding that took place this summer that I have been DYING to share with you.
4.  **Drum Roll Please** I will be attending the world renowned Temple University School of Tourism and Hospitality Management to further hone my skills and I simply couldn't wait to tell people about it! (Insert Cymbal Crash Here) :-)

So, in addition to using my blog as a way to document trends about the wedding industry, I can also use it to let others (such as yourself)  experience the continuation of my journey.  The paths to becoming the professional that I truly wish to become.  Now, I'm not saying that I'm not a professional but there is always room to grow and improve right?....I thought so!

No comments:

Post a Comment